Bringing the Heavens to
Courtesy of Learning
The Loren Acton
Starlab Planetarium is a portable, inflatable planetarium
that gives an accurate representation of the night sky. At the
heart of a Starlab planetarium is a cylinder projector that displays
the sky for any given day of the year, shows the motion of the stars
and the Sun, and illustrates the constellations. The 16' X 11'
dome is capable of accommodating 40 children or 25 adults, and is most
often set up in a gymnasium, large multi-purpose room, cafeteria,
or auditorium stage. Each program lasts approximately 45 minutes
and is customized to your audience's needs. Starlab can be used
by classes of every level, from primary school to Advanced Placement
Starlab is an ideal learning tool for
- Teachers looking for a unique way to express astronomy concepts in an interactive setting.
- Administrators who are seeking cost-effective methods of expanding curriculum.
- Libraries and museums looking for an effective tool for community outreach.
- Camps seeking fun and educational programs for kids.
- Introduction to the Constellations
- Ancient Astronomy and Mythology
- The Motion of the Heavens
- The Sky This Month
- Plate Tectonics
- Ocean Currents
- The Adventures of Lewis and Clark
Site Physical Requirements
- Close proximity to electrical outlets
- Ceiling height greater than 11 feet
- Floor space to accommodate a 25 ft. x 25 ft. structure
Starlab Program Costs
1 Program: $200.00
2 Programs: $250.00
3 Programs: $300.00
4 Programs: $350.00
All Day (6 hours): $550.00
Please call us at 815-858-2014 to schedule